Have you ever had “one of those days”? You know, where it seems everything goes wrong from the moment you get up. And some days are so bad that things go wrong before you get up because you over-sleep!
I read this and thought it was funny. You know it’s going to be a rotten day when:
- You call “Suicide Prevention” and they put you on hold.
- You turn on the morning news and they’re showing emergency routes out of the city.
- Your twin brother/sister forgets your birthday.
- Your car horn gets stuck as you follow a group of Hell’s Angels on the freeway.
- The bird singing outside your window is a buzzard.
Well, just like we can have rotten days, physically, we can also have rotten days, spiritually. Here’s MY list of how you know it’s going to be a rotten day, spiritually.
It’s going to be a rotten day:
1. WHEN WE FAIL TO PRAY
If anyone knew what it was like to have a rotten day, it was David. It seems he was always running for his life or hiding out in some cave to escape an enemy. Yet, he knew that failure to pray would make the day even worse! He said, “Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice” (Ps. 55:17).
2. WHEN WE FAIL TO TRUST GOD
Life goes so much better when we put our trust in the Lord and know that He is leading us. It is when we fail to trust Him that life begins taking a turn for the worse!
3. WHEN WE FAIL TO THANK GOD
Paul wrote, “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1Thess, 5:18). You can mark it down, when there is no attitude of gratitude, it’s going to be a rotten day!
David said, “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Ps. 118:24). So, the question is will you have a GREAT day or a ROTTEN day? The choice is up to you!