Today begins our 30 Days of Prayer. We are praying “10” specific things for God to do to prepare our hearts for our Prayer Revival, Sept. 15-18, with Dr. Benny Beckum. Maybe you are not a member of Community Baptist Church, but you would also like to see God do something miraculous in your life. You can take on this 30 Day Prayer Challenge with us!
We all would like to see a corporate revival break out in our church, but there must be a personal revival before there will be a corporate revival.
For the next 30 days, here are 10 things we are praying for a personal Revival:
1. Lord, search my heart and reveal anything that is not right with you.
(Ps. 139:23-24) “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
2. Break any stubbornness and any hardness in my heart.
(Hosea 10:12) “Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.”
3. Show me any relationships that need to be restored.
(Matt. 18:15) “Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.”
4. Give me a greater sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
(Eph. 4:30) “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”
5. Give me a deep conviction of sin, repentance, and a renewed fear of God.
(2Cor. 7:10) “For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.”
6. Let my words, my actions, and my thoughts be pleasing to you.
(Ps. 19:14) “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”
7. Give me a spiritual hunger and fervency I have never known.
(Matt. 5:6) “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”
8. Bring a loving unity and deep harmony into our church and into our families.
(John 13:35) “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
9. Fill my heart with a passion to see people saved.
(Rom. 10:15) “..How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”
10. Give me courage and boldness to be a witness for you,
(Acts 4:29) “And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,”