“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority…” (1Tim. 2:1-2)
Often, I have church members say to me, “Preacher, how can I pray for you?” That is always a blessing to me because I need all the prayers I can get! If you think Satan is fighting you, just imagine what fiery darts he has reserved for your pastor. And the truth is, we do not always know how to best pray for someone unless we ask.
So, whether you are a member of Community Baptist Church, or the member of another church, I wanted to give you some specific ways in which you can pray for your P.A.S.T.O.R.
P – PERSONAL LIFE
- Pray for his walk with God to increase.
- Pray for his marriage to stay strong.
A – ARMOR OF GOD
- Pray for protection against spiritual warfare.
- Pray for him and his wife to be protected from discouragement.
S – SERMON STUDY
- Pray he will be focused in his sermon preparation.
- Pray God’s Word will come alive to him.
- Pray for God to protect his mind while preaching.
- Pray for boldness to preach God’s Word without compromise.
T – TESTS & TRIALS
- Pray for grace and strength to face whatever comes his way.
O – OVERSIGHT OF CHURCH MINISTRIES
- Pray for wisdom to lead the church.
- Pray for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
- Give him God’s vision for our church.
R – REFRESHMENT, RENEWAL, & REST
- Pray his spirit will daily be refreshed and renewed.
- Pray he will receive the rest he needs for both body and soul.